"Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary". – Ancient Chinese proverb
Healing Heart Tisane
Healing Heart Tisane
Healing Heart Tisane is a blend of organic rose petals, lemongrass and light touch of ginger that is totally caffeine free, soothing, uplifting and heart warming. There are many health benefits to this blend to this wellness tonic:
• Naturally uplifting (especially for those prone to feeling down or depressed)
• Regulates hormone levels (how the neurotransmitters in our brain are regulated)
• Can help to improve liver function and increase urination (natural natural diuretic)
• Releases toxins from the body.
• Good source of Vitamin C (improves immunity)
• May also help treat arthritis, menstrual cramps, cold/flu, digestive issues, and insomnia
• Traditionally used to help control and normalize heart rate and for high blood pressure.
• Used for the treatment of depression and anxiety
• Anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal
• Loaded with Vitamin C (improves immunity)
• Citral is the active constituent and lemon grass has the highest concentration of it compared to any other plant in the world. Citral has antioxidant and anti-tumor properties that both benefit the brain.
• Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Fungal
• Boots Immunity
• Aids digestion and relief from nausea
• Improves heart disease risk factors
• May lower Cholesterol
Ingredients: Organic Rose petals, Lemon grass, Ginger
Directions: Heat 6-8 oz of fresh water to a rolling boil (212ºF preferred) over a heaping 1-2 teaspoons of tea. Steep 5+ minutes, strain and serve immediately.
HOW TO MAKE WELLNESS INFUSIONS
Herbs, fruit, spices and rooibos are techincally NOT tea. They are called Tisanes or infusions.
Water: Fresh filtered water is preferred. Do not use distilled water. Depending on your area, tap water may contain chemicals or high levels of minerals which may affect the taste of the tea.
Temperature: No need to worry about temperature! Herbals + Rooibos love a good rolling boil, so crank up the temperature to 212˚ F!
Time: You can steep any herbal or rooibos until the cows come home. They will never get bitter or tannic! You can walk away from them and come back to a perfect cuppa. In many cases, the longer you steep the more flavor you get out of it!